Thursday 15 October 2015

What an incredible night!

A few days ago I went to see Fall Out Boy live for the second time in 2 years. Last year I saw them in Birmingham - I couldn't get any tickets in London, unfortunately - but this year I was quick enough to get tickets for their sold out American Beauty/American Psycho tour. 
I was excited to see them again, but I thought it wouldn't be much different than last time. Yeah, there would be some new songs but overall, it's the same band, right?
Still. FOB is one of my all time favourite bands, so I couldn't wait to see them again.
How wrong was I to think it'd be nearly the same! They did perform some of the same songs as last time, but it felt massively different. It was as if I'd never seen them before. And I enjoyed every second of it.
FOB's music inspired my first LGBT novel - Dance. I listened to their Save Rock and Roll album on repeat the whole time I was writing it and it's still one of those albums I go back to when I need an emotional pick me up. I was lucky enough to go see them on their Save Rock and Roll tour, but to see them again, and so soon, was incredible. I came home inspired all over again.
Thank you for an amazing show, FOB! Till next time! 









No comments:

Post a Comment