Thursday 17 November 2011

Thank you!

I have a habit of thoroughly reading the "thanks" section at the end (beginning) of a book. I can't wait to get a new book out of the library and turn to the acknowledgements! I know most people skip that part altogether but to me, it seems so intimate to share with the author their genuine gratitude to all the people who have helped them create this book.
It might be the neighbor who poured them endless cups of tea while they went through a meltdown (one of many); or the postman who delivered that all important "YES" letter from the agent; or their children's nursery teachers who gave them a few hours of peace each day; or their family who tolerated their absentmindedness for the past 2 months... 
The list is endless. But unfortunately, they have to keep it to a page.
I can't wait to sit down and write my acknowledgements, mentioning every single person who has been there for me, realizing it or not. I also can't wait to send them a copy and make them smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment